SUP-Safe: A Simple GuideBrand
Posted by Jess Davies
Inflatable Stand Up Paddle boards make pretty much any stretch of water or coastline accessible for all - which is one of the main reasons we all love paddle boarding. However, no matter whether you are a seasoned professional or taking your first steps on a paddle board it is important to carry out a few important SUP Safety checks to ensure you make the most of your time on the water.
'If in doubt, don't go out.'
1. Always tell someone where you're going and when you'll be back. Don't leave the house without a mobile phone or communication device.
2. Check the weather forecast and tide times before you set out - they can change quickly.
3. Avoid offshore winds or dangerous water currents.
4. Always go with a friend.
5. Wear a suitable personal flotation device (PFD).
6. Wear suitable clothing for time of year.
7. Always wear your leash and hold onto your board if you get into trouble - it will help you float.
8. Inflate your board between 15-22 psi to ensure a stable and stiff board.
A RED RIDE OUT - MEET FELL FOODIE
At the end of May 2021, we hosted our very first Red Ride Out weekend on the shores of Lake Windermere. The aim was to bring a group of likeminded paddlers together to celebrate our love of SUP and...
MEET THE FOUNDER: LOVE THE OCEANS
Following the recent launch of our board design competition in partnership with Spoonflower and Love The Oceans charity, we caught up with the Founder and CEO of Love The Oceans, Francesca Trotman.
RED PADDLE CO LIMITED EDITION DESIGN COMPETITION
To honour World Ocean Day we are thrilled to partner with our friends at Love the Oceans during the month of May and June for the 2021 Red Paddle Co Design Challenge. Hosted alongside the creative...